Wednesday, June 23, 2010

GREAT DAY

The best day of my life was the day I got married, the second best day was the day Jack was born......today is the third best day! I woke up at 6am and headed out into the african outback on a jeep safari. It was incredible!! We saw zebra, wildabeasts, lions, elephants, warthogs, springboks, gazelles, cape buffalo, giraffs, and much more. I can't explain how cool it is to see those kind of animals in their natural habitat. We got so close them, at one point we were surrounded by 10 lions. They came right up next to the jeep. It was crazy!!
After the safai we headed to Petoria to see USA play Algeria in a must win game. It was absolutly insane there. Crazed fans filled the streets. You could hear the vuvuzela's blowing from blocks away from the stadium.
The atmosphere was unlike anything I have ever seen before.
The game was awesome!! USA played well having many chances to score but just could not finish. Algeria was in the same boat. It was tied 0-0 when it aproached stoppage time. I had been on the edge of my seat the entire game. By this time I could feel my heart beating in my throat. USA needed a win to move on and as the clocked ticked I watched with hopes that USA could get a goal in stoppage time to win. Then in the 91st minute Landon Donovan scored a goal!!!! The stadium errupted!! Minutes later USA won and the crowd continued cheering and going crazy for the next 20 minutes inide the stadium. Then we went outside the stadium where the celebration was even greater. Fans were jumping, screaming, running, and blowing their vuvuzela's. IT WAS INSANE!! Words cannot descibe how unbelievable it was to be there to experience one of the greatest games ever for US soccer!!
The best part about it is that since we have tickets to the winner of group C in the second round...WE GET TO SEE THEM AGAIN ON SATURDAY!!! YAY!!!! USA USA USA USA!!!

1 comment:

  1. I bet it was amazing to be there!!!! Lucky you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete