Sunday, June 27, 2010

USA vs Ghana




The US team that we watched play against Ghana was not the same team as the US team that we saw play Algeria. They were just not on their game. It all started when Bob Bradley decided to start Ricardo Clark instead of Maurice Edu. Once again Clark lost the ball in the midfield and the counter attack resulted in a goal for Ghana. Then minutes later Clark nearly gets a red card but is given a yellow. At the 30th minute Bradley finally pulled him out and the US did much better for the remainder of the game but they still were just not playing as good as they could. That first early goal really hurt them being that it was the 3rd time this cup that they had been scored on in the first 10 minutes. Also Tim Howard should've saved both of Ghana goals. The highlight of the match of course was when Dempsey broke through the defense and was fouled in the box which earned a PK that Donovan easily put away. That gave US a lot of hope but then they just didn't step it up as they should. It is amazing how fast I went from being sooooo excited about this world cup to being very dissapointed. Now I have to watch Ghana vs Uruguay in the quarter finals Friday....yay. :( I'm very sad that the US lost and I wish they would have perfomed better because they really had a good position to make it all the way to the semi's if they wanted it bad enough. Oh well....4 more years till Brazil 2014. But first I get to see Portugal vs Spain this Tuesday in Cape Town!!! SO EXCITED!!


4 comments:

  1. Nic I too am very sad I really had high hopes even more knowing what big teams were already out, :( I really I mean REALLY DISLIKE CLARK! He did the same in the England game and so he didn't play in the next 2 games and so....lets put him back in HECK why not he can't be so stupid to make the same mistake twice right?!!!! NOPE 5:30 of the game....MY GOODNESS! Oh well I guess it is on to my next fav. team Brazil
    it looks like your having a BLAST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so sad too :(. But they did have a great run. Im proud of our team but know we could have done better... thats just the way the ball rolls sometime....

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep....Clark really hurt us but it was Bradley's bad decision that let him hurt us. I'm proud of them too for their first 3 games but very sad they lost it for this last game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right Nic I really like Bradley but it really was a bad call on his part. will the team stick together are was this the last time for this team?

    ReplyDelete