Sunday, June 13, 2010

USA vs England

It looks like my 1-1 tie prediction was right on. It was done a little bit sloppier than I thought but the U.S. was able to pull off a tie against England. The starting line that the U.S. used was exactly the one I thought would be best except for Clarke. I thought that Edu should have played instead of Clarke and sure enough the goal England scored was directly Clarke's fault. I was disappointed that Landon Donovan didn't get more involved in the game. If the U.S. wants to do well than he is going to have to step it up.
It was fun being able to watch at least one game with my family and friends at my parents home. Being there reminded me of 2002 when all the games where on at 2 and 4 in the morning. As fun as it is to watch the games with my family at home I can't imagine how awesome it will be to be there in person.
Next up for USA is Slovenia who just beat Algeria 1-0 yesterday. This game is HUGE!! USA needs to win and preferably shut them out and score 2-3 goals. If they want to do that they will need to play a lot better then they did against England. They can't expect the Slovenia keeper to put the ball in the goal for them this time around. During this game I will be at the airport waiting to board my plane. The game starts at 8 am and my plane lifts off at 10. I should be able to catch most of the game but will most likely miss the last 20-30 minutes. I'm not happy about this at all! My prediction is a 2-1 victory for USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment